I ask people to bring me items that they associate with a certain feeling, that they want to get rid of.
how does it work?
- Humanshredder (I) sits in a room behind a table loaded with different tools, such as hammer, saw, scissors, knives, eraser, tape etc. Humanshredder is considered as one of the tools.
- The person participating sits on the other side of the table facing humanshredder.
- He tells his burden. He is allowed to decide himself how much he is telling, but is couraged to open up as much as possible.
- After telling the burden, the item, that has been carried to the performance as a worldly represent of the burden, is handed over to be broken.
- Humanshredder breaks the burden in front of the participant. The way the act is executed differs and is decided intuitionally at the spot.
- The broken material is stored in a glass jar, the lid is closed and the participant names the burden.
- Participant places the stored burden into the installation.